Saturday, October 06, 2007

Sasha


Dogs are one of the greatest things in life. The definition of unconditional love. I could not imagine a childhood without one at ones side. I've given this advice before. Get a dog when your child is about 3yrs old and let them grow up together. The memories of your children will always be bonded with the family dog. Some of my best memories of Sasha is of hiking with my son, my sister and my three nephews in Carly State Park and watching Sasha and the boys run the ridges. You wouldn't think that pugs are great outdoor dogs but they can run with the best of them. The kids and I used to come up with pug sayings. "Pug out", "snuggle pug", "bed pugs" "pugly" "pug wash", "pug infested" and my favorite "poke the pug". Sasha passed away this morning at 6:45am shortly after I came home from work....I believe he waited for me one last time.

5 comments:

Bryan said...

Nora - so sorry to hear about Sasha. Losing a part of your family is always hard. Best wishes to you, Shane, and Boo.

St. Cloud State University said...

Sorry to hear about your loss! I still have pictures up from my old lab that passed away almost 8 years ago. You are right, they are one of the greatest joys in life!

Ron said...

Sorry to hear about Sasha, very sad news. Dogs give us so much, and ask for so little in return. We could all learn from them.

Nora Whitmore said...

Thanks! It's been a hard couple of days for me even though you know it's coming. I took him to the Vets this morning to get cremated. Boo is pretty depressed...I'll have to do more with her. He had a great long life! I'm gonna miss that pug!

Anonymous said...

Nora,

Sorry to hear that your dog died.

Tom McDonald