Saturday, September 29, 2007

Fall Paddle

Driving up to the St. Louis I passed thru two thunderstorms and was welcomed with pouring down rain at the Outpost. My first thoughts were that maybe we could play the first wave but I wasn't going to paddle the river and reservoir with lightning. As it turned out the downpour was brief and the sun came out. 25 kayakers and 1 open boater put on at the rafting company. Superior Rafting added one more kayaker on the river and a raft full of people. The level was great! We had kayakers from three different states represented! Some of our Canoe U students joined us...both looked at the hole on Electric Ledge...I told them not too but ya know...I think everyone on their first time down Electric Ledge has to do that. I know I did! Both of them did well going thru the hole though. Fall days with some sun and water are pretty rare. What an amazing day!












































I wish this photo of Anthony didn't have a water spot on it. Just before his launch his paddle slipped off of the cliff and he went ahead and seal launched without it.

4 comments:

Rosie said...

Was the Brian and Mike who did the Ledge?

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

My trip was great! Will post more stuff about it soon. Took literally a thousand photos with the new camera.

Am a little jetlagged...

Nora Whitmore said...

Welcome home Rosie,
Now lets get you on the water...Verm is fun!

Alex said...

Looks like a great time! Wish I could have made it.

Rosie said...

Nora you are so right!

It's been so long I can't even remember where the zip for the pfd goes :-)