Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fall on the Louis

I don't think there was four luckier paddlers in Minnesota today! The day turned out to be spectacular! Sunshine and warm...well, warm for Minnesota fall. Allen, Dan, Dave and I paddled what may be the last Louis run for me this year unless rains come soon. We took our time running the river to make it last. Even the wind on the reservoir was from the side and not an issue today. We topped it off eating at Cosy's restaurant in Carlton...very good food for sure! I had such a good time paddling that when I woke up and saw sunshine out my window I had thoughts of paddling the Louis again. That lasted only until I got on my computer and saw the weather for Carlton today was 1 to 2 inches of snow with winds gusting to 50 mph. Ahh well...I can still hope fall rains will bring up the Vermillion river.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Looking at your pics motivates me even more to work on my roll, can't wait for pool session to start! I keep watching the levels of the Kettle and the Louis, but it's just too cold for me without a roll :-(

Next year :-)

In the meantime I am glad you are posting, so I can live vicariously through you :-)

Nora Whitmore said...

You're not the only one that has said that. Right now I have been concentrating on climbing and rediscovering the Red Wing area. I REALLY miss paddling the Verm on a regular basis...I also miss the paddlers there too. I've never seen a fall like this! It's gotta break soon..I hope!