Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Bad Break and a Broken Heart

Bryan, Laura and I headed to Wausau today. The day couldn't be more beautiful! Laura just keeps getting better and better! So fun to see! Bryan hit his biggest loop yet! I was having alot of fun styling my new helmet and throwing some fun moves. At least until the heart break. I flipped in the rodeo hole and got swept right into the rocks. I tried rolling but the water just pushed me down and onto more rocks. I set up again for another roll while bouncing off the rocks and really got slammed. It knocked the paddle out of one of my hands and I just didn't have the air to regain my paddle again so I pulled out. I pushed my boat into the eddy on the bridge hole. Bryan and Drew immediately had chased me down but I had my yard sale all wrapped up. I got out with Bryan to walk back up to the rodeo hole and I noticed my paddle blade had broke! Split right thru the heart! I couldn't believe my Shogun had broken! Anyway Aaron of Team Papst came thru and had a Seven2 zero offset he lent me. I had been wanting to try a zero offset for playboating and it actually worked out pretty well. The rest of the day I played easy and just had fun. Now the dilemma is do I look at getting a zero offset or stick with my usual...hmmm. Great day on the river and so great to see everyone in Wausau!





2 comments:

Bryan said...

So sad - to see such a beautiful, young paddle so brutally cut down in the prime of its life...

Nora Whitmore said...

LOL! I called Peter and sent him the photos and he's going to forward them to Werner and they make the call...I also emailed Werner directly as either way warrentied or not it still needs to be fixed ASAP and they have a two week turn around.
BTW there's rain coming!!!!! Whoo Hooo!