Friday, August 08, 2008

Gunflint 08

I spent the last 5 days on the Gunflint with the Marroquin family. It was another beautiful trip up to the NorWester Lodge. Fishing, swimming, blueberry pickin', and eating fantastic food every day. Fish and pancakes with the berries we picked that day! The fishing was great with alot of bass, walleye and northerns. The blueberries this year were very plentiful. We played Euchre every night. A few more years and I may just be OK at that game. I really love going up there each year. Great friends and a great time. One thing I discovered is an iced Breve with a shot of toasted walnut is my new fancy coffee drink. Also if you chop up a nectarine and sweet red cherries, mix with wild blueberries and a little lemon juice it makes a delicious fruit salsa for walleye grilled in butter and fresh thyme...oh yeah...we ate REALLY good!
Sunset.
AJ and Olivia...future kayakers!
Boo chilling.
Our morning visitor.

3 comments:

Bryan said...

Wow, great sunset shot! Sounds like a great trip.

Rosie said...

Wow, what an awesome sunset!

Nora Whitmore said...

It's an awesome place up there! I love it. That day we had to scoot off the lake because of a storm. It rained and then cleared up and gave us a beautiful evening! I love that area!!