Saturday, June 21, 2008

Paddlemania 08







































Paddlemainia turned out to be a beautiful day between the random rain drops. Rosie and I headed up to Carlton for the festivities and had a great time. It's always fun up on the Louis and even more so when there's a party going on. I was able to see several of my Duluth paddling buds that I haven't seen much of this year. Most everyone ran the Upper Louis today at 2800cfs either in kayaks or in Jorge's raft. The highlight today was the Slot Machine Showdown. The House lost today with the score being House, 1, Players, 3. Not saying who though. You had to be there. Swag was raffled off and I won some Sex Wax...OK!? It was either that or the nose plugs. The new venue was great! Thanks Team Midwest Mountaineering!

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Nice pics! Especially those of Joel!

Definitely fun to watch :-)

Nora Whitmore said...

I regret not taking my "good" camera up to Carlton. My water camera is just OK when taking multiple exposures at a bit of a distance. Anyway it's easy to get nice photos when the action is hot!