Thursday, February 07, 2008

A Little Bit of Info

This weekend is the Island Lake Kite Expo. For someone who wants a basic lesson they cost $10. You will NOT find another lesson for cheaper. This is put on by UMD. Randy Carlson and his instructors are top notch...plus it's just going to be a fun weekend! Here's a link... http://www.umdrsop.org/(RSOP%20Web)/Surf_&_Kite/infosheets/Isl.%20Lk.%20Snow%20Kite%20Expo%202008.pdf I'll be up there on Saturday and Saturday night.

If you've been reading my blog you know I have started telemark skiing this winter. I have only made it out twice but have floundered away at trying to figure out technique without instruction. I haven't done too bad as my butt has only touched the ground once. I have found this website to be helpful in understanding what is correct technique. http://www.telemarktips.com/ They have some good starter videos.

My plans have changed for Saturday...winds are insane along with windchill. Son cancelled out so I'll be keeping to home.

No comments: