Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Devil Track River

I spent quite a bit of time on Devil Track. Dave had suggested that I take the high trail to see Nightfall but extreme conditions had me canyoneering up the river from 61. The hike was beautiful. I took my time just enjoying each turn of the river. At times there wasn't a breath of wind in the canyon and othertimes the wind found me. It's amazing how much shelter can be found in a river canyon. I went as far as I could until I came to a waterfall that was too high for me to safely climb by myself and had to be satisfied with just bouldering on it. On the way back I stopped and took a good look at Nightfall. I know from looking at it I can do this ice and I can't wait to come back and try. I bouldered up a ways...probably higher than I should but somethings are just too tempting. By time I was back at the truck my right foot had developed a huge rub on the back of my heel. I bought the boots used and cheap and the right boot needs to be reshaped. By then I had put on alot of miles with these boots so I was ready to retire them for the trip.
















































































Bouldering on Nightfall...Looking up and looking down.















No comments: