Wednesday, February 07, 2007

No longer a kite virgin!

Today Bryan Z took me for my first time kiting today. We started on his 3.5 meter training kite. Tough little kite with some power. Moved up to his 5 meter foil kite. That one had more power yet! Then we threw up my 10 meter Turbo Diesel and I put on my skis. Well then I started moving. I had alot of fun today. This was something that I immediately knew it was going to be a good match for me. I am looking forward to my days off to get some more riding in!
I learned quite a bit today. First, my WRSI helmet does NOT cross over to kiting like I had hoped. The kite travels up past where the sun visor is and you can't see it unless you do quite a back bend. Hot starts on one ski are quite surprising ;-) Below zero is kinda cold...but only when you stop. Bryan Z is an excellent teacher! Incredibly patient! Thanks!!!!
My apology's for not having any photos up. Bryan took some so just click on his blog www.liquid-addiction.blogspot.com . My camera is in the shop...I guess too many times down the river did it in.

2 comments:

Ron said...

Hey Nora, looks great .. had to figure you were up to something fun! I watched the kites on Waconia last summer a lot, sure looks like a good time.

Nora Whitmore said...

It was definatley fun!! I'll be out on my kite this weekend! You should try it. It's kind of like flying...only cheaper ;-) Check out lakawa.com or mnkiting.com for more info.