Thursday, January 03, 2008

Wild Winds

Wow was the wind whipping today. I started this morning with my 10M TD but the wind was really wicked. The gusts were pretty high...maybe 35+mph at times. I kited for an hour and then decided that it was only a matter of time before I got a good beat down. Pete had the same idea and landed back by the bags and tied in. He came over and asked if I wanted to try his 3M foil. Sure! The wind was ripping good enough that Pete was able to show me how to get air with that little kite (3 inches). But I skied for hours with it and at one point I was going so fast with 3 little meters that I was out of control...but still having fun! The wind was creating snow cyclones and if we watched we could see them form in the distance and expect the blast. I tried to catch them in the first photo here. Sometimes...sometimes...smaller is not only better...but necessary.


Igor and Demitri from New Years Eve.

No comments: