Sunday, April 22, 2007

Kettle River Paddle Fest

The Kettle river Paddle Festival was this weekend and it was a great start to a yearly addition to paddling events. Friday turned out to be the most beautiful weather day for paddling and Graeme and I enjoyed having the river to ourselves. Come Friday night paddlers started rolling into the campsite. Some as far away as Roseau MN. Saturday started out with a bang...a couple of thunderstorms early. But, hey that only added to the level of the river. The big race started at one. I ran my Habitat for my third time paddling it and I just keep loving that boat more! Saturday night there was time spent at the bar. Great door prizes for everyone! It was topped off by the BEST fireworks show I have seen. It was uniquely intimate as it was especially for us paddlers and the locals that came out. Car alarms being set off by the fireworks just added to the ambience. Sunday we did a little hiking after breakfast. Checked out Spring Creek Falls. Then we hit the river. The rodeo was on Sunday and Nate and Mike were cartwheeling all day. Mellissa rocked as the only woman out there. I had to head out early so I packed the pugs and headed home. What a great weekend on the Kettle and a great time provided by The Kettle River Paddlers!


























































































No comments: