Saturday, January 31, 2009

Trains, Planes and Automobiles...Plus Obama Girls and Snowmobiles






Finally!! I was able to get on my skis and kite! The wind was west with just a hint of south. 10 to 13mph gusting to 20. I went to the town of Pepin to kite today so the fetch was long and the winds were beautiful. I couldn't have had a better day. While I was setting up a group of women asked me if I could take their picture when they made a peace sign in the snow. They were having alot of fun. Pete launched his kite and amazed the ladies with some good air! I helped Petes son, Draven, fly my 1.5 meter and once he was started on that I launched my kite. Quite a few trains passed by on the tracks next to us. The snowmobilers were having a rally by the boat landing. And for some reason I had to watch out for airplanes. Three were flying low enough to have me a bit worried. Later I saw a yellow plane out farther flying no more than 20 feet off the snow. Everyone was out enjoying the gorgeous day in their own way. The wind is going to be fierce in Pepin tomorrow but unfortunately I'll be working.

No comments: