Saturday, January 23, 2010

Just Saturday






Today I had plans to go ice climbing at Sandstone but with the storm threatening ice and destruction I stayed home. I looked out the window and saw my neighbors smoke was blowing flat straight and the wind was beating the trees. I do have those small kites I wanted to try so I spent the morning waxing my skis and getting my kiting gear together. I didn't know what to expect when I got to Lake Pepin. The wind was southeast and blowing hard. Since I was alone I just threw up my trainer kite. I was getting pulled just fine on it but then it started to downpour on me. Along with the rain the wind calmed down to below the trainer kites range. I picked up my soaked kite and skate skied back to shore. Well it's my only day off so I just went to the Cannon Valley Trail and put 4.2 miles on my XC skis. It was a good day to get wet...very wet. Here's some photos.

No comments: