Friday, February 13, 2009

Roll of D'ice







I like the saying "No man steps in the same river twice. For it is not the same river and he is not the same man" The "good old Verm" Always the same yet always different. I find it hard to believe that the ice didn't clear but it's been fun watching it ever change this week. The ice dams are entrenched. It's going to take alot to move them. I'm really impressed that Tuesday night's level didn't take them out! The one at the top of Triple Drop has a pool backed up behind it. If you look at Thursday's photos you can see there wasn't any drop to Fishermans. Today the water has receded to "bunny" level and the ice is reforming. I'd like to get back to my other winter sports but the thaw really ended things. Kiting, XC skiing, etc. If it works out I think it's time to head north and canyoneer some rivers up there again.

No comments: